Surfland WA Pty Ltd is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience. Surfland WA Pty Ltd is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
What information we collect & why
Information you send to us in contact forms is stored in our database so we can easily communicate with you. If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website. When visitors or users submit a form, we capture the IP Address for spam protection. We also capture the email address and might capture other personal data included in the Form fields.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
We use Stripe for credit card processing. To do this securely, this is the information shared to process payments:
- Unique payment identifier
- Payment provider identifier
Stripe uses the following cookies:
You can read more on stripe’s privacy here: https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you;
Accessing Your Personal Information:
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Surfland WA Pty Ltd reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
Call: (08) 9245 1845
Surfland WA Pty Ltd,
62 Scarborough Beach Road,
Scarborough 6019 WA